Thursday, July 10, 2014

Textures Galore!

Today for the WTUI Challenge, Cathy has challenged us to use at least three textures.  Well, in true-to-me fashion, I went a little nuts with the textures, and I think I must confess my addiction to the Blueprints # 13 Die-namics set by MFT.  Did you SEE the new Tag Builder series they are starting and the Confetti BG - oh, my poor bank account!  In any event, let's stay focused on today's card...
First, I started with a gessoed panel that was left over from Balloon Day & the VCMP cards.  Since I'm impatient as can be, I gesso several full sheets of paper at one time and let them dry while I'm at work.  Then, I have them when I'm ready.  I used a stencil that I thought was by MFT, but I don't see it on their site... hmmm... I got it at the Scrapbook Expo a few months ago, so I could just be losing my mind.


In any event, I used Silkz paint on it, but I wasn't really happy how dark the brown was, so I blotted it with a paper towel.  Then, I wasn't a fan of all the white, so I added several colors of Glimmer Mist, again blotting with the paper towel.  My Glimmer Mist and I were having a difference of opinion on whether their spray nozzle should work, so I just pulled it out and tapped it on the card for some circles.  I couldn't find my beloved Kraft Glimmer Mist, so it was a tragic day!  I had gesso + paint for 2 textures already for Cathy's challenge.  The Glimmer Mist did create some fun little circles on the panel, too, which I'm calling texture.  So, really, I was good for the challenge, but I kept on...
Next, I went to my addiction - Blueprints # 13 Die-namics set.  The reason why it's so easy to use this set is that my eBosser makes it so simple for me to cut the entire thing all at one time.


See what I mean?  All of those dies are from that one set.  I cut the flag from old felt by MFT. I don't believe they carry this color any longer, but it looks like they have something pretty close in Berrylicious.  The felt gave me yet another texture for the card.  The tag, star, and arrow were cut from another of my addictions - Switchboard paper pack by Pink Paislee.
And here is the final card:


The Thanks is a Teresa Collins stencil that I used embossing paste on, so it is raised (yes, another texture).  I found that you really need to tape down a word stencil, or it will move on you.  I sorta liked the shadow it gave, made it look like a chalkboard, so I kept it.  The star and arrow are embossed with an old SU! embossing folder (yup, texture # 5; #6 if you count the stitching on the BG panel) and then popped up with pop dots for a total of 6 (or 7) textures for the card.  It's a little hard to see, but I did ink my embossing folder with shadow ink, so it is lightly colored on the star and arrow.  Hopefully, you'll play along with Cathy today for our WTUI challenge!  I know I sure had a blast trying to add as many textures as I could into this card.  I realized that I could have sewed a panel and added yet another... oh the wheels are still turning!  I may have to do another one.









1 comment:

Michele Smith said...

Your card turned out beautiful! I still need LOTS of practice with inky backgrounds lol! Love the color combo you chose ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...