Here's some of the rest of what I did this weekend...
First up was a YUMMY Caprese salad, which is made perfect with this amazing balsamic vinegar:
The balsamic vinegar is called Aceto Balsamico di Modena, Riserva from the BEST place called The Olive Tap. That's a really long name for - it's AMAZING! It so sweet and thick, and just plain yummy. The basil is from the garden, oh yes! The tomatoes aren't from our garden just yet, but it's SOON. Check out the cherry tomatoes already big on the vine:
Oh yeah! And that's not all that's growing... I used this FRESH picked key lime for my olive tapenade:
I made hummus in the Vitamix:
I've been asked for my recipe, so here it is:
- 2 cans reduced sodium Great Northern beans (drain one can, keep the liquid from the other)
- 2-3 Tbls Tahini paste (mix this WELL, as the oils separate big time)
- 1-2 freshly-squeezed lemon(s) - it depends on how lemon-y I want it whether I use 1 or 2 lemons
- 2-3 cloves garlic (again, depends on how garlicky I want it) - I always use a garlic press for this, because then you get the garlic juice too
- 1 tsp Shawarma spice mix by Ziyad
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp Trinidad Lemon Garlic seasoning from The Spice House
Dump all this stuff in the Vitamix, set to puree setting, and let it go.
This time around, I added the Olive Tapenade to the top of it... oh how much I LOVE Olive Tapenade Hummus, and I cannot WAIT to have this:
My neighbor and I went for a walk around the lakes in the neighborhood and saw these adorable little fuzzy goslings:
They're SO cute when they're little, but then they grow up to be dirty foul.
I had forgotten to show you the yummy dinner I had made for my self Wednesday of last week with left overs on Friday before glass painting:
That's salmon with Apple Cider grilling sauce from American Spoon, and that, my friends, is the super secret sauce. Their stuff is OH SO YUMMY! As I'm typing this on Sunday evening, there are ribs with Maple BBQ grilling sauce in the oven, too. Unfortunately, it's trying to be some kind of hurricane outside, so they can't be on the grill that the wind keeps blowing out.
The potatoes also include some yummy stuff - they are baked with Lakeshore Drive seasoning and Florida Seasoned Pepper from The Spice House, as well as yogurt butter and onions (the other half of the onion was put on the salmon).
Now, I think it is time for me to finish dinner, because I'm MEGA hungry!