Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Got Dirty

Last week on SCS, they had the Dare to Get Dirty challenges that I'm happy to say I completed ALL of! Luckily, you can combine challenges for this event, and I was a MAD combiner! Some of them I've already posted, but here are the rest... {WARNING - LONG POST}  I'm putting a few details, but please feel free to ask on any other specifics.
This project was made with my BRAND NEW Cricut!  It's hard to see, but there's an acrylic cog from Basically Bare on top that the twine is going around.  The stamp is from Unity that I got in a Grab Bag at CHA.
This card is one of my FAVORITES!  I love how it turned out... it's much nicer in person than in this photo.  The stamp is from LeBlanche, who make silicone stamps.  They weigh like nothing, and it's a little weird to stamp with them, but I love the image!  This stamp I got at CHA, also.  The patterned paper is flocked.
One of the challenges was to create a bookmark, and I don't know about you, but I hate it when the bookmark messes up the book.  I searched in the SCS resources for "bookmark", and came across THIS Tutorial by Caroline that was just PERFECT!  These little guys are tiny, don't mess up the pages at all, and can be made from scraps.  Her tutorial calls for a 2"x2" piece of paper, but I used 3"x3".
This card will make you WAKE UP!  It was my first center fold step card, and it was tough, mainly because I had to find the paper trimmer that would let me do this.  I always use my Guillotine trimmer, which doesn't let you do this fancy stuff.  It's ok how it turned out, but I don't think I'm convinced on this as a regular card.  I digitally colored the paper before printing it... have I mentioned how much I love digi papers?!
This next card was about a fall theme, and nothing says fall to me like a Pumpkin Spice Latte, so that's where I went with this card.  It's an adorable ala mode from MFT that I also got at CHA.  Do you see the panel in the back with the words on it?  That's a WHEEL - oh yes, I used a wheel for the first time in at least a year!
This card is some funky fold thing (here's the video on it).  It was pretty fun, but man is this thing HEAVY!  I used some NEW MFT goodies and some old Stampin' Up! paper.  I also pleated the ribbon across the top... I'm liking that!  I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do on the inside (before the deadline for the challenges), so it's blank right now, but it'll be ready to go for future use.
Here is a one layer card that I decided to put LOTS of texture on.  The image is new MFT (from CHA, of course... thanks, Julie, for making me buy it!) that was debossed with the die instead of cutting it out.  I also embossed the bottom with more polka dots.  I purposely stamped the sentiment (from the FREE CHA set) at an angle, but I'm thinking it looks weird now... Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.  The fibers are ancient. I honestly don't remember buying them, and I found them while preparing for the stamp room overhaul.
I'll be giving this next one to my mom... she's the baker.  These are Flapper Doodles that I got when they were on CRAZY sale from MFT and hadn't used them.  This is actually one image that I masked to be two.
Last, but certainly not least are these cards I made for my mom.  She wanted some "girl" birthday cards, so I decided to try stamping with my NEW Viva Decor paints (yup, you guessed it - from CHA!).  I painted the flower (from Unity) with the paints, then spritzed with water, and stamped on watercolor paper.  The brown is actually a marker because the set of Viva Decor paints I got didn't have a brown.  Here's a close up of the flower...
It's hard to see, but it's shimmery if the light catches it just right.  These are the same paints I used for Hannah's birthday cupcake HERE.


melissac said...

WOW!!! These are all absolutely wonderful!!!! I am so impressed that you finished ALL the challenge - you go girlie!! Blessings and hugs!

Teresa Jenkins said...

Look at you go! You were one busy girl! Great work!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...